Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter

Nothing can make this librarian smile more than seeing a box in the front office labeled LIBRARY in big, red pen.  I'm not going to lie, I grabbed it, raced to the Library, ripped it open...because I knew what was within.  Not only did we receive some great looking books that have been rumored to be the best books of the year, we received the...*drum roll please*...long-awaited...*long pause*...third book in the fantastic Heist Society series by Ally Carter, Perfect Scoundrels!  I pulled it out of the box, did a little dance, looked around to make sure that no one was watching me, and then danced some more.  I have been waiting for this book to come since it was released on February 5.  The first two books in the series are great (Heist Society and Uncommon Criminals), and Ms. Carter did not disappoint with the third.  

While I am not going to tell you why the book was so wonderful (you have to read it), I will tell you that I picked it up during my lunch break and then dreaded having to start work again.  But when I started reading it after school, I wouldn't...no, couldn't put it down.  

Without giving you too much information...Kat, Hale, and the team are back and better than ever.  After a heist in Heist Society (bk 1) inspires Kat and her crew to work at returning Holocaust art to the original owners, book 3 starts with us seeing Kat do her thing.  An honest sort of dishonesty, they are the only art thieves I'll root for.  All I'll say is that the story takes an unexpected turn when Hale, the wonderfully charming inside man that he is, is thrust back into his world and out of Kat's when he inherits his grandmother's billion-dollar company.  We are reminded that Hale is in fact W.W. Hale the fifth, a name that comes with some major strings attached.  


I couldn't stop reading, I may have shed a tear or two (because of a shocking something-or-other), and I may have tweeted Ally Carter right after finishing because I had loved it so much.  Overall, I enjoyed it and highly recommend Perfect Scoundrels (as well as the rest of the series).  And if you haven't read the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter as well, get on it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment