Thursday, June 27, 2013

One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

Last night, I sat down and read one of the 2013-2014 DCF books.  It was recommended to me by Mr. Dobson's daughter (she's an avid reader), and I'm so glad she told me to read it! 


Carley Connors is entered into foster care when her mother is put into the hospital by Carley's stepfather.  Carley adjusts to living with a family who is not her own, but that  is an actual family...something she hasn't experienced before.  She is good at closing herself to the love that the Murphys are offering.  She even helps one of the three Murphy boys with his basketball game.  Will she open up to the love and friendship that are freely offered or will she turn it away until she can go home to her mother?


I highly recommend this book.  It not only deals with the hard situation of being put into the foster care system, but also with experiencing a new school, a new family, and new friends.
Toni is my favorite character, I must say.  She is obsessed with Broadway shows, but particularly with Wicked, my all time favorite show!  You are going to want to listen to the soundtrack when you are done reading.   I hope you'll pick this book up off of the DCF bookshelf at the beginning of the new school year (or at your local library this summer)!  Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment